I am 22 tomorrow. I feel like I have learnt the most about life and about myself in this past year than I have any other year. So before I tun 22 I just wanted to relay a few findings – maybe you will find them helpful, maybe you won’t. Either way, I want this to be something I can look back on with gratitude. Gratitude because I have had to figure out a lot about living so fast, so young. Gratitude because it has done the most important thing ever to be done – it has taught me.
- Karma exists. Whatever you send out into this universe, it will inevitably give back to you. Eventually.
- Not everybody is like you. Just because you have good intentions, does not mean everyone else does too.
- People will lie to you for their own benefit.
- Not everybody has a good heart and you may find this out in one of the worst ways you can imagine.
- It is completely okay to question.
- Spending time with children will make you happy because they are faultless and innocent.
- Make the absolute most out of every experience.
- Be truthful.
- Having a few friends who love, respect and appreciate you is more than enough.
- A good way to save money is to act broke.
- Learn how to adapt to and accept change.
- Never let the last conversation you have with a loved one be hostile.
- Cry. It is okay.
- You will need to start walking alone. Do not be afraid. Be excited.
- It is okay if things do/did not go the way you expected. It will make sense soon.
- Get rid of the mentality that you have not accomplished much because you have and you shall continue to do so.
- Everything is temporary.
- Forgive, regardless how difficult.
- Keep on living.
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
– Helen Keller.